.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009


I have a secret obsession with garden gnomes. OK, maybe it is not so secret.....and I know it is not particularly cool to like these cheesy little critters, but at the same time - what's not to love. I have never really wanted to admit my love for gnomes in public until now...so here it is....my Official Gnome Outing! YIPPEE! I LOVE GNOMES!

Anyhoo..........I was in New York last week at the gift show and I found myself (much to my 4 travelling buddies' dismay) on a mission for ALL THINGS GNOME. I have always carried a line of garden gnomes in my shop that I love very much - but they are a more realistic gnome, not the crazy gnomes of old...you know, the cheesy ones......so off I went. I found gnome dinnerware, gnome pillows and the ultimate.... GNOME-BE-GONES; which are quite possibly the funniest things I have ever seen! Look at the expression on their faces...and as for the gnomes being hoisted away, they are in full lipstick and mascara....almost in drag! HILARIOUS!

The fellow who is the artist is named Fred Conlon and his company is called http://www.sugarpost.com/ . I carried his product during the winter, like the army helmet turtles and the Venus fly traps, but only now have I discovered the GNOME BE GONES! You have to check out his website and then play the game - he really has an interactive game - GNOME-BE-GONE; THE GAME - you get to shoot gnomes that pop up from behind the rocks....what a stitch!
I will be getting my first shipment of these little lovelies on March 1st so stop by and check them out! I can't wait - I am sure I will take at least one home for myself - or perhaps I will have him make me a giant pair - the granddaddy of them all!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, a gift show with lots of gnome gnick-gnacks sounds great! And there is gnothing wrong with being a gnomaniac ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I so need to move to Portland! We share the same love of gnomes! My favorite gnome find was a shirt with a gnome on it that say "YOU DON'T GNOME!"!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!