.

Friday, April 17, 2009

amazing orange proteus!

Last weekend was the Hardy Plant Society of Oregon's' Spring Plant and Art Sale. As I am a member of HPSO, I always volunteer to "help". Every 2nd Saturday in April and September I haul my cookies to the Portland Expo Center at 8am, sign in for cashier training and try and establish pole position for one glorious hour of volunteer only shopping at some of the best growers and plants people you have ever seen from 9 to 10 , before the public gets in. A true benefit to being a volunteer! YIPPEE! DOUBLE YIPPEE!!!!!! I was only looking for one particular plant; Orostachys "chinese dunce cap", and was completely unsuccessful.....but I did manage to find $314 worth of other necessary objects that I did not know I needed. I bought my Orostachys from Annies Annuals in the Bay area last March while on a road trip, but didn't take it into the greenhouse soon enough and it is sooooooo dead. I was on a quest and as Annies is out of the plant at the moment, I am still on a quest. The coolest plant I got is Leucospermum Cordifolium from Cistus Nursery in Portland-ish. Sooooo coool! Hardy to 20 degrees-ish, KILLER orange flowers, 5 x 5 eventually. I will for sure put this in my greenhouse for the winter. I bought a beautiful tall orange pot for it today.......when I pot it up, I will post again........here is what the plant looks like:

Orostachys 'chinese dunce cap'

Leucospermum cordifolium

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!