.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day off.....

I took the day off today...from work, the shop, that is. Kind of. I had an article to write and such, so I did that, but I stayed home and worked in the garden. With a mimosa. OK, a few mimosas - had quite a buzz, actually. It was a lovely day. I transplanted hostas, I planted Kent Beauty oregano, I swept the front walk, I planted begonias, coleus and ferns in my front door pots and it was great. Plantings and cocktails, what could be better? If you threw a pedicure in it would be perfection!

As if it all was not good enough, one of my new plants bloomed one flower today. It is super cool and has a beautiful orange flower. The flower kind of reminds me of the flowers on Edgeworthia Chrysantha. It is from Xera Plants and here it is:


Glumicalyx gosseliodes Zn6b (-5º to 0ºF) Scrophulariaceae
Nodding Chocolate Flower. Darling and easy to grow hardy perennial from South Africa. Forms a clump of rubbery green rosettes. From April to frost nodding stems rise to 10" and produce a continuation of white bells that open to orange/red and smell like chocolate. Full sun to light shade in rich, well drained soil. Best at eye level. Remove spent flower spikes. GREAT HARDY container plant. Evergreen. Occasional summer water. Cold hardy.



LOVE IT! - Get it.......plant it...then have a cocktail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!