.

Friday, July 3, 2009

AGAVE AND THEN SOME!

I was on a crazy road trip recently from PDX to Salt Lake and then on to Berkley - I know it sounds odd, but the whole purpose was to buy plants. Seriously. Cactus, agave and succulents, specifically. I have so many pictures to show but I will start trickling them out slowly. One of the highlights of the trip was a visit to the Ruth Bancroft Garden in Walnut Creek, CA. Truly one of the most amazing places I have even seen. Ruth Bancroft is celebrating her 100th birthday this year and her garden, which she has spent decades curating has been donated to the Garden Conservancy and now they are tending the space for Ruth. I am a self-professed agave junkie, and this was like a pilgrimage to Mecca...LOVE IT! Here are some of the photos of the garden....
Agave Paryii Truncata - my ALL TIME FAVORITE!
more......
Feeling snarky amongst the agave........

Sharkskin Shoe Agave - Lovely!

OK.......more later...it's cocktail thirty, Frenchy and I are meeting the darling Miss Bridget and Doug the Wonder Boy at the new VINTAGE lounge on SE 78th & SE Stark. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!