.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

MAISON ET OBJET PARIS

Twice a year, there is a furniture/accessories show that is unlike anything else! It is called Maison et Objet and it is held in Paris (oh darn!) in January and September. The show consists of 7 million sq. ft of furniture and accessories. 7 MILLION!! Dear GOD!!! After the first 2 million sq feet, your eyes actually start glazing over and you start to drool....seriously. Your brain can only absorb so much...... and then there are your feet! Mon dieu - mes pieds! Somehow you manage to get through the whole show over a 4 day period and come back with a whole new set of inspirations!
I go every year in September......to go to the show, of course, but can I help it if ALOT of shopping, eating and playing happen at the same time? I mean, is there ever a bad time to go to Paris? My designer friends Julie and Misty are going with me this year - usually I go by myself - and Miss Cindy, who currently lives in Amsterdam will be joining us as well! YIPPEE! Girls week in Paris! I found the LOVELIEST hotel close to the Tour Eiffel - Hotel Ares-Eiffel. I can tell you that booking a room for 4 in Paris is a SERIOUS challenge! FYI.
Anyway...we will be gone Aug 30 - Sept 7. YAHOO! Of course, I will give a full report upon my return so stay tuned! Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!