.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

beautiful day in portland....

What a gorgeous day in Portland...a beautiful weekend, in fact. yesterday we had our annual Alberta Street Art Hop - a celebration of local art, music, food and fun. It was at least 80 degrees and we had about 25,000 people on the street - crazy! Our shop was packed all day - YIPPEE! Unfortunately, we were so busy, I couldn't take any photos...sorry!
Anyhoo......... here are some other things that have crossed my path lately...in no particular order.....


I forgot to include this chair in my High Point post, but I found it at the BoBo showroom.....all recycled blocks of wood in a very artistic chair......

This beautiful niche was at Bernadette Breu's shop in Portland....lots of cool stuff,always! www.bernadettebreuantiques.com

I love love these yellow french chairs. So cheerful in the garden!

I love this French gnome by Kiss That Frog - we carry to different styles of this little guy - This little display makes me want a cocktail!

Beautiful succulent display in handmade pots - in Seattle at the garden show....

I have this really fabulous client who recently asked me to help her with her outdoor covered patio space. We needed to recover the upholstery on her existing pieces with some fresh outdoor fabrics - we chose from the Suburban Home Collection from Duralee, these two photos are the before....all the furniture has been painted - the color palette is black, red and green. At first, my client was apprehensive about using black - thinking it might be too severe, but I explained that it would anchor the space and make it feel more sophisticated. Now that the space is almost done, she really likes the black... you can see some of the fabric samples on the pieces, but I won't have the after pictures until next week...we just got the cushions back and they look fab! We are waiting for a killer outdoor zebra striped rug and then I will have the complete after effect...stay tuned!

And finally, up close and personal with Miss Stella...tired after a long hard day at doggy day care....all hail the joys of doggy day care! Such a brilliant idea - I wish I would have thought of it...that and the Post-it note.....

Tune in later this week when I will have photos of my back yard remodel - the fence is starting to look amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Love the fabric samples. My house is very similar colour. Like the feel of the space, can't wait to see updated version.

    ReplyDelete

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!