.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Almost a Francophile

DEAR GOD I'M EXCITED!!!! Today we received so many fun, colorful and cheerful things at the shop that I can barely stand it! I don't know if you know this about me but I love France and almost all things French...including my lovely French husband. For those of you who do know me you know that I also love all things Dutch, being that my family lives in Holland and all, but that is for another time......

I love travelling to the south of France and I love the market shopping almost more than anything. Once a year I take a very small group of clients to the south of France for of wonderful shopping - a different market every day, garden tours, antique shopping, architectural ruin viewing, lavender field strolling, sunflower field gazing for an entire week of French bliss. Oh yes, don't forget the day at the vineyard and the evening at the cooking school.....just delightful, oh and the stay at the 16th century mill house! To be honest, I took last year off (I was a little tired!) but I am back on track this year for the 2nd week of June.......3 openings left, by the way.....












Anyhoo......at the wonderful marketplaces, you will find French market baskets, well, Moroccan actually, at every market and in every color and texture. Well finally, I ordered some for the shop! YIPPEE!!!! Perfect for a picnic basket, we are showing them with beautiful powder-coated French bistro sets, my favorite is in orange, of course.....and also with bright and colorful french picnic table linens. The one thing I have been searching for - and continue to search for - is a good source for Moroccan babouches - you know, those fun little leather pointy toes slippers. I could live in them! I thing I have 12 pairs - in all bright colors. So cute - so comfy! As it was a beautiful day here in Portland today (don't get too excited, it is likely to rain tomorrow) people were out walking around and thinking about spring and just how much they really want great French tables and chairs, linens and picnic baskets! Here's to Spring on Friday! We would love to see you in the shop...and as always, the espresso is on us!











No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!