.

Monday, March 2, 2009

HAPPY MARCH! The weather report said it was supposed to be rainy here in Portland today, but I see no sign of it yet. I am sitting by my dining room window in a perfect little sunspot with my new puppy, Stella, snoring away at my feet. It is lovely outside! All of my daffodils and mini iris are working their way to a sunny bloom and I can't wait to get out in the garden this afternoon. But business first!

We did a few lectures at the Portland Yard Garden & Patio show yesterday with the subject of Outdoor Entertaining and we brought along a few new products from our store to share - look at these super cool outdoor solar lights by Allsop. Lit by LED light, they glow beautifully in the evening in your outdoor spaces. I also saw them in Sunset magazine this month (as well as a few other blogs).......they are very crisp and modern and I love them! They retail for $40 each. I think lighting is a completely underused element in outdoor spaces. It can make such a difference in the garden and this is a really easy way to bring a little light in. No cords or plugs necessary. Just charge in the bright sun for 6 hours and get 8 hours of subtle,glowing and ambient light. Perfect for a cocktail party! Did I mention that I love cocktails? Especially in the garden.....

We also brought in these ridiculously comfy "zero gravity" deck recliners by LaFuma from France. I love France. My husband is from France and I try to buy as many French products as I can (like to gnome dinner ware from a previous post). It used to be that LaFuma made only camping gear furniture, but they have moved more towards the fashion furniture thing recently and I am so glad. The orange is my favorite (of course) but we also have turquoise, fuchsia and lime. They retail at $165 each.

So there you have it...off I go into the garden for a bit! Here's to dirt under your nails!




No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!